According to Wikipedia, Strategic Planning is an organization’s process of defining its strategy or direction, and making decisions on allocating its resources to pursue this strategy. In order to determine the direction of the organization, it is necessary to understand its current position and the possible avenues through which it can pursue a particular course of action.
In many organizations, this is viewed as a process for determining where an organization is going over the next year or—more typically—3 to 5 years (long term), although some extend their vision to 20 years. The key components of ‘strategic planning’ include an understanding of the organization’s vision, mission, values and strategies. The vision and mission are captured in a Vision Statement and Mission Statement.
Solution Studio Inc. can facilitate your organization’s strategic planning work, and draft a strategic plan for you. This could include:
- In-person, Skype or phone/email communications to confirm client needs and expectations at project outset
- Pre-workshop surveys of planning session participants and/or organization constituents / leaders using electronic/telephone/email tools
- Environmental scans – to fit your budget
- Planning workshop facilitation:
- Weekend (Friday 6 p.m. – Sunday 1 p.m.)
Location: Client’s choice
- Draft session highlights’ report along with draft strategic plan and next steps
- One-page summary of strategic plan
We are pleased to work with French speaking participants in their preferred language, and appreciate being brought back to do a Plan effectiveness assessment within the first twelve months of launch.