Risk management is the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks (defined in ISO 31000 as the effect of uncertainty on objectives, whether positive or negative) followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events or to maximize the realization of opportunities. (source: Wikipedia)
Paulette Vinette of Solution Studio Inc. has co-authored two related publications:
- Risk Management Primer for Directors of Not-for-profit Organizations
- Risk Management Toolkit for not-for-profit executives
Both of these publications are distributed by the Canadian Society of Association Executives, and are temporarily out of print.
She has also developed Risk Management Toolkits for associations wanting their own tailor-made booklets.
We can help organizations by:
- Facilitating risk management workshops
- Conducting electronic risk management surveys
- Drafting risk management strategies and plans
We offer a number of risk management articles and references in our Articles section.