Committee Member Covenant
- Keep On Time
- We agree to be ready to begin the meeting on time.
- We ask our Chair to adjourn the meeting at the agreed-upon time.
- We will appoint a “time-keeper” to help us adhere to the agenda.
- We ask that our Chair send us the agenda in advance of the meeting (at least 4 days before), allowing with any supporting documents and agree to review this material.
- We ask that the minutes of the meeting be circulated within 12 days of the meeting.
- Agree on a Process
- We agree that our meeting agenda items should indicate the time allotted to each item, to ensure we can accomplish what was intended and ensure that we begin/end on time.
- We agree that our minutes should clear identify actions and responsibilities, preferably in a right-side column or presented in bold type for easy identification.
- We agree that Committee members should write the minutes if staff’s workload is excessive.
- Mutual Respect
- We agree to listen to everyone who is speaking and not to interrupt.
- We agree to participate in discussions where we can contribute our experience/knowledge.
- We understand that we are meeting to work to the benefit of our organization and the sector it represents, and must not serve our own individual agenda.
- Celebrate Our Accomplishments
- We agree to schedule time to evaluate our progress at least every six months.
- We agree to acknowledge those whose contributions are above and beyond, and deserve recognition.
- We agree to support and encourage each other, and say thank you.